History. Built in 1786-1787, the Quaker meeting house, 100 yards south of the Windmill on Windmill Hill, is a simple rectangular structure, shingled in a manner similar to the windmill. An earlier meetinghouse had been destroyed by the British during the Revolution, and the current building was built to replace it. But the number of Friends dwindled and the building stood unused for a century.
About 1910, a number of Philadelphia Quakers who had become summer residents reopened the Meetinghouse. Since that time it has been open for Sunday worship every summer.
Open. Please feel free to walk the grounds except when a meeting is in session. For a tour of the interior please contact us for an appointment