Why Join JHS?
- preserve the heritage of Jamestown & Conanicut Island
- maintain our Museum, the Windmill, the Meetinghouse, and the Conanicut Battery
- preserve JHS's collection of old photos and documents.
All membership monies go to supporting our Collections, our properties, and materials costs for our programs. All staff are volunteers.
Student: $ 15 / year
Individual: $ 25 / year
Family: $ 40 / year
Patron: $ 500 lifetime membership
1657 Society: $ 1,000 lifetime membership
All members receive JHS bi-annual Newsletter
Patrons also receive a copy of the DVD History of Narragansett Avenue by Nick Schaus and Barry Cook
1657 Society Members also receive the DVD plus a JHS outdoor House plaque
Upload a membership application (sorry, no online payment yet), or
Volunteering at The Society.
It is rewarding and educational and builds value in our community.
- Learn our town's history and become a docent at the Museum or the Windmill.
- Learn how to research and catalog donated items from Jamestown past.
- Help with our summer events: House Tours, Guided Walking Tours, Social Events